Salad To Go
3 (4 cup) servings
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- pinch jalapeño powder (or 1/2 tsp. finely minced jarred jalapeño)
- 1/8 teaspoon Southwest seasoning (no salt added)
- 1 to 2 packets Born Sweet Zing™ Organic Stevia Sweetener - Zero Calories
- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh scallion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained of juice
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, washed, dried and shredded
Mix all of the ingredients together. Store in the refrigerator while preparing the remaining salad ingredients.
Layer the salad into each jar beginning with the dressing. Divide dressing into three servings and spoon into the bottom of each jar. Continue layering with the cabbage, avocado, beans, scallions, and pineapple. Finish with the Romaine lettuce. Seal each jar and store in the refrigerator. Salad should be eaten within 1 to 3 days.
To serve, turn the salad in the jar over onto a plate or bowl and allow ingredients to fall out of the jar.