Mini Yogurt Cheesecakes
18 mini cheesecakes
- 9 low-fat graham crackers, crushed
- 1 large egg white, room temperature (reserve yolk)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, plus reserved yolk
- 2 cups non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- fresh berries
Line bottom of 18 muffin cups with parchment paper or use cupcake liners. Combine graham cracker crumbs with egg white from one egg to form the crust. Divide mixture evenly into muffin cups. Firmly press crust into bottom of each muffin cup. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine cheese, Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend and cornstarch until well blended. Add extract and applesauce, beat one minute. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, mix and scrape down sides with each addition. Slowly add yogurt, continue to beat mixture until smooth.
Divide filling evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cheesecakes will puff up and crack slightly when done. Turn off oven and leave cheesecakes in oven with the door slightly ajar for an additional 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Chill in refrigerator minimum 2 hours to overnight. Top with fresh berries when ready to serve.
This recipe was created in accordance with the 2015 meal planning guidelines published by the American Diabetes Association.