Maca Hot Chocolate
2 (12 ounce) servings
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 packets Born Sweet Zing™ Organic Stevia Sweetener - Zero Calories
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a bowl, whisk ingredients together to combine. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan. Whisk mixture and simmer over low heat for 7 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Serve warm.
Maca powder is considered a “Super Food” and can be found in health food stores. Be careful not to boil mixture. Excessive heat destroys the health benefits of the Maca powder.