Fruit and Veggie Muffins
- 4 ounces carrots, cleaned, peeled and grated
- 6 ounces zucchini, grated
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease 12-count muffin pan or line with baking cups and grease liners.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Fill each muffin cup to the top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Storage: Individually wrap and freeze muffins until ready to serve.
This recipe was created in accordance with the 2015 meal planning guidelines published by the American Diabetes Association.