- 2 tablespoons quinoa 2 tablespoons quinoa
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned oats 3 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chopped almonds ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter ½ cup unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter
- Born Sweet Zing™ Organic Stevia Sweetener - Zero Calories 2 packets 2 packets Born Sweet Zing™ Organic Stevia Sweetener - Zero Calories
- 2/3 cup apple cider 2/3 cup apple cider
- ½ cup stemmed and chopped dried figs ½ cup stemmed and chopped dried figs
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a small baking sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
Rinse and drain quinoa then spread in a single layer on prepared sheet pan in 1/3 of the pan.
In small food processor, pulse oats until slightly crushed and turn out onto 1/3 of the sheet pan. Pulse almonds until the almond pieces are no larger than 1/4 inch.
Spread almonds on the remaining third of the sheet pan. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
Turn the toasted mixture into a small bowl; then, separate out 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a larger mixing bowl. Stir the peanut butter powder, salt, peanut butter, and Born Sweet Zing Organic Stevia Sweetener into the larger mixing bowl and set aside.
In small saucepot over medium high heat bring apple cider to a boil. Boil 5-7 minutes or until juice reduces to 1/4 cup of syrup. Remove syrup from heat and quickly stir in figs.
Let fruit steep for one minute then pour figs and syrup over ingredients in mixing bowl. Blend quickly while syrup is still hot. Do not over mix.
Use a melon baller or a 2 teaspoon scooper to portion out mixture into 24 balls. Work quickly with gloved hands to form the balls; then roll each ball thoroughly in the reserved toasted oats, quinoa, and almond mixture, pressing the coating firmly into each energy bite.
Chill the energy bites in a tightly covered container 1-2 hours to set. Energy bites are delicious served chilled or room temperature.
Overbeating the ingredients will make the Energy Bites crumbly.