Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 medium (1 cup) apple, finely chopped without skin
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
Divide batter evenly and pour into greased muffin pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched with the back of a spoon. Let stand 10 minutes; remove from pan.
This recipe has been developed according to the Meal Planning Guidelines established by the American Diabetes Association (ADA). These guidelines are meant to be very general. Please consult with your physician, Registered Dietitian or Certified Diabetes Educator to confirm that this recipe would be appropriate for your own individual menu planning.