Black Bean Brownies
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Grease top of parchment. Set aside.
In a food processor, add black beans and chocolate chips. Combine until ground or minced well. Transfer mixture into a large bowl using a rubber spatula. Add Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend and eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl with each addition. Add remaining ingredients; stir until just combined, do not over mix.
Pour batter into the pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes until the brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan. Cool and cut into 16 squares.
This recipe was created in accordance with the 2015 meal planning guidelines published by the American Diabetes Association.