Apple Chicken Salad
8 (1/2 cup) servings
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cold green apple, medium, chopped with skin
- 1 cold red apple, medium, chopped with skin
- 1 packet (1 g) Born Sweet Zing™ Organic Stevia Sweetener - Zero Calories
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups (about 10 oz.) boiled or oven roasted chicken without skin, diced
- 1 head fresh Boston or romaine lettuce
In a large bowl, add mayo, chopped apples, Born Sweet Zing™ Organic Stevia Sweetener, vinegar and cinnamon; mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Serve over lettuce.
Note: After handling raw poultry, always wash hands and contact surfaces thoroughly. Completely cook chicken through until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F.
Per Serving: 1/2 fruit, 2 lean meats, 1 fat.
This recipe was created in accordance with the 2015 meal planning guidelines published by the American Diabetes Association.