Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend FAQs
Q: Why use Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend for cooking and baking?
A: With only 5 calories per 1/2 teaspoon serving, Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend bakes and browns like sugar for delicious, golden-brown cakes and cookies that are made with fewer calories and carbohydrate. Stevia leaf extract is more intensely sweet than sugar. When using Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend in your recipes, cut in half the amount of sugar called for in your recipe. For example, when a recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, swap it for 1/2 cup of Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend.
Q: How do I make my favorite recipes with Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend?
A: You can easily use Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend in recipes by replacing the sugar with half as much of the sweetener.
Q: What causes the difference in baked goods made with sugar compared to those baked with Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend?
A: Baking is a real science! Sugar serves as a binding agent in recipes. Since you are reducing the sugar by half when using Born Sweet Zing™ Baking Blend, you may need to make a few adjustments to the other ingredients called for in your recipe.
Tips for better baking:
- Flavors that work well with this product: chocolate, cinnamon, fresh fruits like bananas, oranges, apples, peaches and pears.
- Dried fruits like raisins, cranberries and cherries impart delicious flavor and chewy texture.
- Nuts add moisture as well as flavor and are always a great addition to recipes.
- Flavors to avoid are lemon, lime, pineapple and mint.
Tips to help add moisture in baked goods:
- Increase the size of the baking pan to decrease the baking time.
- Reduce the oven temperature by 25°.
- Add an additional egg yolk to the recipe.
- Instead of butter, use oil, margarine or vegetable shortening, or a combination of the three.
- Increase the liquid content of the recipe slightly, no more than 1/4 cup.